Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread:

yeah. I live about a whole 5 ft., give or take a foot, above sea level. that link to bad weathers helps a lot. this carb stuff should get interesting. I'm hoping for the best. im probably going to have to brace the carb too.

3. Default

Ive got everything I need to start except for my carb parts from cv performance..... still waiting

Noobie
  5. Default

Hey guys. Looking to see who is using this velocity stack? I just received and partially installed.

Jets are at 45/175, new Yost tube, Yost blue needle at the 2nd clip with two of Dan's shims. Waiting on a new slide before I start it up because my gasket had a burn mark and was stretched beyond fitment.

Also soon to drill the stock exhaust. Aftermarket and fork brace are my only two mod left.

MAIN QUESTIONS:
    Is anybody using this velocity stack?
    If so, are you using the mesh screen provided? (I do have the outerwears filter)
    Is this decent jetting to start? Like I say, I have not started her up yet.
    I do not have a catch can, what are the other options?

Any guidance or links are appreciated. Thanks again!

My first reaction was, "why the shims"? The purpose of the ciip on the Yost needle is to perform the work of any shimming.

Not trying to bust anyone's chops, but as I use (and love) the Yost solution, I was a bit taken aback to hear any talk of shims....

Noobie
  8. Default

I understand the reaction. From surfing this forum for hours on end and numerous youtube videos, I feel that the general consensus was shimming any needle. I believe Rat Blastard was shimmed with a Yost needle (I know there are many customizations that go with that...). However, I could be completely wrong there. Just a newbie trying to learn and dial everything in. Thanks for the correction.

Noobie
  10. Default

Is this the short 1" ish stack? If its the same one I used it worked quite well with the proper outerwears filter/bootie (did not use mesh) however my height and riding position causes my knee to block air from the stack and it kills the highway speed performance til I move my leg out of the way and it pulls like a bat out of hell again.