Thread:

Default Blast only runs perfect with float bowl vent blocked

Ok so I've been having an issue where at higher RPM wide open throttle the bike bogs/acts like its hitting a rev limiter. Works fine at half throttle and low rpm.

I am running a velocity stack intake and custom 1 3/4" exhaust with 45/175 jetting and needle shimmed 0.050.

I just discovered today that if I cover the float bowl vent on the front of the carb, the bike accelerates smoothly and goes wide open throttle all the way to redline.

What gives? I'm pretty sure from the factory this vent is supposed to be open.

Noobie
  3. Default

I had this problem at speeds above 60mph, but it was due to my knee / leg blocking the stack even just slightly, so I pull my leg away from it and speeds up with no problem, prior to that I also had the wrong stack filter which was also restricting air.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  5. Default

I know who you are now! lol

Damn, I'm not on this forum much anymore at all.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!