Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread:

The Boss
    (Admin)
  2. Default

It's currently printed in PLA+, which is even more pain to sand than regular PLA. It will ultimately be printed in ABS, which has a few methods of smoothing available.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

4. Default

what would be real trick is to find an off the shelf k&n filter that has a large clamp on the open end. and make a velocity stack to fit it

Buell XBlast: NRHS Xb Stage 2 lite, 515 10.5:1, .551 cam, Daytona Twin 1005s-Ex, Vance Hines, Crossroads Fork Brace + Rearsets. Pirelli Rubber
    Buell XB9r: Race ECM/Muffler. K&N

So with ASB closed down (and all the old links to velocity stacks in the "show me your custom intake" thread, what is the budget go-to velocity stack?

I'm trying to put together a cheap intake setup to get rid of the bulky airbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Lee View Post
    It's currently printed in PLA+, which is even more pain to sand than regular PLA. It will ultimately be printed in ABS, which has a few methods of smoothing available.
    Jet-Lee Are you still making these stacks? are they available for purchase?

The Boss
    (Admin)
  8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ScottZiggs View Post
    Jet-Lee Are you still making these stacks? are they available for purchase?
    I have not perfected the ability to print ABS. PETG and PLA just don't stand up to the heat. Once I've got it figured out, I'll post it up.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Lee View Post
    I have not perfected the ability to print ABS. PETG and PLA just don't stand up to the heat. Once I've got it figured out, I'll post it up.
    Okay I get that. I will stay posted I need to get an intake set-up to match my new exhaust.