Thread:

Noobie
  2. Default NEW FORUM MEMBER HERE CONSIDERING A PURCHASE OF A BUELL 1125R

Hello, Members!

I just signed up as a member of this forum and am interested in purchasing a 2009 Buell 1125R. It has about 6000 km, (less than 4000 miles), on the clock and looks good, although it is definitely not showroom condition.

It looks like it may have tipped over on the kickstand side at some point, but the damage is almost non-existent. No scrapes on anything, and I could not find any broken plastic.... however, the radiator shroud plastic does not look like it fits together properly.

It may have been owned by someone who does a lot of burnouts because the back tire looks pretty shredded. The left fork seal has already failed and is leaking. The front brake rotor, while not worn out, does look contaminated. I am quite certain the current owner makes money by flipping vehicles... he claims to not have a motorcycle license, knows very little about motorcycles in general and the 1125R in particular.

It starts and runs great.

What should I be worried about on this motorcycle? Any recalls? Engine reliability, (can the engine take some abuse)? Serviceability? How about a source for parts and consumables? Are there aftermarket items like tuning kits and exhaust for the 1125R?

VIN # 5MZHL04N093B00653
    Last edited by TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK; 04-04-2019 at 05:58 AM.

The Boss
    (Admin)
  4. Default

I've read this post a dozen times and have yet to respond.

You need to check if it has the stator that's been drilled for better cooling. If not, buy the upgrade because it's a time bomb.

The engines run pretty well when maintained. Change the oil, check the valves (easier than it looks), at regular intervals and they're great.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?!
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!