Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread:

2. Default

True story... I had a little situation similar to that after buying a dead battery. Apparently they didn't sell too many of those batteries - found out that battery was new 2 years ago and they never maintained it on the shelf.
    2008 Buell Blast - 8000 miles
    Modified Stock Exhaust - 45/175 jetting, No Needle Shim, Idle Mix: 2.75 turns out
    Denso Iridium Racing Spark Plug
    Pirelli Diablo Front - 110/70-16
    Michelin CityGrip Rear - 140/70-16

Blast Mods and Tips -- Blast General Parts List -- Part Number Updates
    Mechanical Engineer

4. Default

Yeah - love the lithium - winter make take 3 to 5 tries, but it gets stronger with each try - you wait for 30 seconds between tries. Summer days 1 to 3 tries - depending on how long since I last started the bike, but either season - after the first start, all the rest of the starts for the day are a first try - no muss or fuss - 8 lbs lost, and as small as a pack of cigs - lol
    EZ

6. Default

Winter? Is that a Californian "winter"?
    2008 Buell Blast - 8000 miles
    Modified Stock Exhaust - 45/175 jetting, No Needle Shim, Idle Mix: 2.75 turns out
    Denso Iridium Racing Spark Plug
    Pirelli Diablo Front - 110/70-16
    Michelin CityGrip Rear - 140/70-16

Blast Mods and Tips -- Blast General Parts List -- Part Number Updates
    Mechanical Engineer

The Boss
    (Admin)
  8. Default

I don't want the 'wait' associated with cold lithium. I want to walk up, hit the button and it fire up. At <$50, I can replace it 3, sometimes 4, times for the cost of a single lithium battery. That and the weight are worth it, to me.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

10. Default

I could have went with 260 cca, however, I went with the ktm at 210 cca, if I did it over, I would go with the 260cca at the same size and have no issues, but it's not a big deal to me.
    EZ

The Boss
    (Admin)
  12. Default

Just ordered another Chrome Battery to put in the blue Blast. Once Rex is completely up and going I'll get something for him.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

I use 260cca lithiums in both the Blast and the Firebolt. Fires up nice, first time, every time. Even in cold weather. I do turn the key "on" when it's very cold for about 30 seconds while I put the helmet and gloves on, etc. It then cranks without any hesitation.

I also run heated gear on both bikes - zero issues with current draw.

Have a Yuasa battery on my Blast for 2 years now and so far I have no issues with it. Bought it because I got a good discount at 4wheelonline before.