Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374

Thread:

Daaaaang, what's the final build list for that red bike?

3. Default

LOL - too long to list -

Then -

A funny thing happened the other day, and I've just now got it wrapped up about what to do - I was riding with the nephew to go have coffee and came across an orange and green bagger that tried to ditch us at a light - my catching up to him had his carb coughing, and I passed him then he turned, thought nothing of it. Had coffee and headed back home. A quiet pop issued from the motor and the bike stopped working. Checked the intake - good, then checked plug wire - plug extremely loose, tightened down and still nothing - the motor free spinning as if no compression. Towed home - God bless AAA - got home and pulled the plug. Threads a tad rough from vibrating loose - but on, off, on again showed the majority of the thread to still be sealing and good, and the plug itself was a perfect medium tan - tune was perfect - so not the cause either. The valves & stems being Ti almost rules them out, ruled out head gasket because of no hemorrhaging of oil, leaves only failed rings from the richness of the tune - or something like a guide failed and holed the piston - happened before in life. My friends are like just get the other bike going and worry about that later, however, the parts that Vader may need for the rebuild directly affects which parts I put into the other bike - including the ignition, which is what is needed to make the other bike work. So I've been thinking about this and will first start with a tear down of Vader - to find the issue, and from there I can decide, what parts will go to the other bike. Sigh.....
    EZ

5. Default

I know that I haven’t been communicative lately; however, it is because life has kept me rather busy. Between a planned Ch13, being dis-abled, visiting an old friend and his new bride, the Master shower needing re-grouting and caulking, and Vader needing a rebuild, and the new Starkiller needing building, and the new puppy who has health issues to overcome - making 3 dogs in all, house maintenance as well – all of this has made me rather net-negligent – not purposely, but because I literally have had very little time to do the sitting down-type tasks that I enjoy. I’m working on a good balance to be achieved, but at this point things are still a bit hectic. I’m still Blasting away, just too busy to get to the bikes at this point, and believe me I want to – lol
    EZ

7. Default

Have you tried doing a compression test?
    2002 blast..
    Just click my name for photos

thumper FAQ

My Youtube Page

9. Default

She spins as freely as a top - meaning zip compression- sigh
    EZ

Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app

11. Default

Just for shits and grins have you tried cranking her while you block the stack with your hand?

13. Default

Post pics of you ur tear down.
    I'm curious to know what the issue was.
    Quote Originally Posted by ezblast View Post
    She spins as freely as a top - meaning zip compression- sigh
    EZ

2002 blast..
    Just click my name for photos

thumper FAQ

My Youtube Page