Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread:

The Boss
    (Admin)
  2. Default

We shouldn't have to inspect the heads, though...a lot of people assume that when you've paid good money, you should be getting a good product.

Have you sent pics to NRHS, yet? Misaligned valve guide doesn't happen from bad tuning, that's bad construction.
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

4. Default

i'm not messing with nrhs. I doubt they will even try to help fix this. and even if they do I'm not trusting their work.
    Buell XBlast: NRHS Xb Stage 2 lite, 515 10.5:1, .551 cam, Daytona Twin 1005s-Ex, Vance Hines, Crossroads Fork Brace + Rearsets. Pirelli Rubber
    Buell XB9r: Race ECM/Muffler. K&N

The Boss
    (Admin)
  6. Default

Hammer Perf?
    "It is impossible, until some crazy son of a bitch has the audacity to believe that no matter what the expert says, I can still do that shit." - C.T. Fletcher

Click here to enlarge
    Left to Right:
    2003 Blast (Blue), 2001 XBlast (Rex), 2007 XB9R Firebolt (Bolt)

Do you like the forum? Do you appreciate the input and community support? Consider donating to help keep us alive and growing! Click here to donate!
    Like us on Facebook!

8. Default

i got the head at a local shop my mechanic deals with. if i dont like what he has to say its going to hammer
    Buell XBlast: NRHS Xb Stage 2 lite, 515 10.5:1, .551 cam, Daytona Twin 1005s-Ex, Vance Hines, Crossroads Fork Brace + Rearsets. Pirelli Rubber

10. Default

12. Default

took a ride with the air filter on. gonna have to take one shim out of the needle if I keep the air filter. I don't like where it sits while riding. very in the way and likely to split boots so the K&n rc-9770 will be replaced with a K&N RU-4410
    Last edited by styxnpicks; 04-07-2017 at 01:34 PM.

14. Default

valve spring retainer failed. dropped exhaust valve

16. Default

Ow, that looks like it was noisy

Posted from my Buell using Buell Riders Online mobile app

18. Default

coffee can full of nickels and dimes. theres so much inertia in the flywheel that by the time you loose power and start to hear the rattle of death its too late.